Getting older doesn’t have to be painful – not on your wallet anyway. A number of places will happily help you celebrate your birthday with birthday freebies!
Many restaurants offer a free meal or dessert for your birthday when you sign up with their program. Here are some examples of restaurants that will make you feel extra special on your big day.
Start off your big day with a free cup of Stumptown coffee and maybe even a freshly baked cookie at Second Stop Café. Or, if you’re not near Second Stop Café, there’s always Starbucks! Cardholders get a free cup on their birthday.
For lunch and dinner you have options, it’s a good thing some offers are valid for the entire birthday month!
• Become a member of City Crab’s Insiders Club and enjoy a free entrée during your birthday month. citycrabnyc.com
• Join the Haru Access Program and receive a $20 birthday certificate for this Japanese cuisine. www.harusushi.com
• Sign up for the email list and get a $30 birthday month coupon at Benihana, a teppanyaki restaurant. www.benihana.com
• The Melting Pot with a membership to Club Fondue gives a free fondue-for-two coupon on your birthday. www.meltingpot.com
Birthdays are definitely a time for dessert, or two. When you join Ben & Jerry’s ChunkSpelunker club you get a free scoop of ice cream on your birthday. Sprinkles Cupcakes gives you a deliciously free cupcake when you sign up for its birthday club.
But it doesn’t stop at food! There’s no better birthday gift than a little personal pampering:
• Benefit Brow Bar offers a free eyebrow shaping for perfect brows on your birthday.
• Integral Yoga Institute of New York knows that aging can be stressful. You and a friend can relax with a free class on your birthday. iyiny.org
• Sephora gives birthday gifts when you sign up to be a Beauty Insider. www.sephora.com
• Aveda also offers complimentary gifts on your birthday when you become a member. www.aveda.com
Continue the celebration with a free drink, or two. Birthday celebrators get free drinks all night at East End Bar & Grill as well as Second Chance Saloon in Brooklyn. The Dead Poet will let you drink for free on your birthday if you happen to share your birthday with a famous dead author - they issue a list each month of acceptable authors. If you can round up 10 friends for a birthday celebration, Justin Timberlake's Southern Hospitality BBQ offers the birthday person free drinks and some free peach cobbler.
Now you’re ready for your birthday in New York; one year older, so much wiser, and with a fuller wallet!