Zombies, witches and vampires roam the streets of New York on Halloween night and they’re heading to the spookiest and scariest events. Here are some suggestions for the best Halloween haunts. The living are invited too, but beware!
Costume Parades and Parties – Some of the most creative ghouls, witches and zombies come out to march in these parades and attends these parties.
- Village Halloween Parade, Manhattan, Oct. 31
- Halloween Extravaganza and Procession of Ghouls, Oct. 31
Pet Events – Dress up your furry friends for Halloween pet costume contests and parades.
- Halloween Howl & Healthy Hound Fair, Carl Schurz Park, Oct. 19
- Tompkins Square Park Halloween Dog Parade, Oct. 25
Family-fun – These events are great for families with kids of all ages; parents you’re encouraged to dress up too!
- Halloween Parade and Pumpkin Flotilla, Central Park, Oct. 26
- The Haunted Pumpkin Garden, New York Botanical Garden, Sept. 21 – Oct. 31
- Halloween Harvest Festival, Socrates Sculture Park, Oct. 25
- The Friends of Washington Market Park Annual Halloween Costume Parade and Party, Washington Market Park, Oct. 26
Other Halloween Oddities – These ghost tours and haunted houses will send shivers down your spine.
- Wall Street Walks Ghost Tours, Friday and Saturdays in October
- Thrills of the World, Oct. 25
- Nightmare New York Haunted House, opened all October
Now that you know where to go for screams, scares and sweets this Halloween, we hope you have your costume ready!