View Larger Map
View Larger Map
Hotel Pennsylvania is located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan at 401 Seventh Avenue (at 33rd Street) directly across Seventh Avenue from Penn Station.
To & From NYC Area Airports:
Our hotel is easily accessible from all three major New York airports.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK):
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA):
- Newark Liberty International Airport:
Theater and Tour Desk:
In addition to arranging for sightseeing tours, restaurant reservations and theater tickets, the Theater and Tour desk in our Main Lobby can also help with airport transportation. Prior to your arrival, contact the desk at Continental Guest Services.
By taxi. Below are approximate one way taxi fares (excluding tips and tolls) and times required to get to and from the airport. Traffic, weather or other factors can increase travel time, so give yourself plenty of time. Sample fares are subject to change.
Airport Costs and Travel Time by Taxi:
- JFK, $45, 15 Miles, 45 Minutes
- LaGuardia, $38, 8 Miles, 25 to 40 Minutes
- Newark, $30 (meter) + $10, 10 Miles, 30 Minutes to 1 Hour
By shared van service. The Airlink Shuttle is an economical way to travel to or from the airport. Costs typically range from approximately $22 to $27 per person.
The shuttle generally departs from the airports every 20-30 minutes in peak hours and from the hotel once per hour. Shuttle bus tickets are available at the airports, in our Main Lobby at the Theater and Tour services desk or online here.
By private car service. The cost for a private car is $52 - $70 depending on the airport, and can be booked by calling the transportation desk, or online here.
Driving. For airport-hotel driving directions, please see the following:
- New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is pleased to offer valet parking for guests. The rate is dependent on the parking duration and size of the vehicle.
- If you have any questions about valet parking, please contact the Hotel at 212-736-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Public Transportation:
- JFK: AirTrain JFK is an easy way to get to and from and around Kennedy International Airport. It operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Passengers landing at JFK can be at Penn Station, right across the street from New York's Hotel Pennsylvania, in just 35 minutes. For more information, check out AirTrain JFK.
- LaGuardia Airport: For service between LaGuardia and Manhattan, the M60 bus goes to 106th and Broadway with connections on the route to the Q33 and Q47 buses and the E, F, G, R, V and 7 trains on the New York City subway. For up-to-date information, visit MTA New York City Transit/Airport.
Getting Around The City
- Bus: MTA buses are another easy way to get around and cover a lot of ground. They also allow you to do some city sightseeing while you travel. You can see the full bus routes map by clicking here. A single ride costs $2.50.
- Taxi: Flag down a cab anywhere in the city (available cabs will have an illuminated white light on the roof to identify them). The minimum fare is $2.50 and increases $.40 every fifth of a mile. There is also a surcharge of $1.00 Monday-Friday 4:00-8:00pm and a $.50 surcharge at night from 8:00pm-6:00am. All cabs accept cash, and many now accept credit cards, Check with the driver before you get in. A 15%-20% gratuity is customary.
- Subway: With the 1-2-3 line right across the street, practically anywhere in New York is just a few steps away. Trains run 24 hours 7 days a week. The cost is $2.50 for a single ride anywhere in the system, and transfers are free as long as you stay in the system and do not exit through a turnstile. You can get a subway map from any booth attendant or from the MTA (Metropolitan Transit Authority) website. You can also plan your route out in advance and get a customized map by clicking here.
To & From The Hotel
- Long Island Railroad (LIRR): The LIRR system is comprised of over 700 miles of track on 11 different branches, stretching from Montauk on the eastern tip of Long Island to Penn Station. Along the way, the LIRR serves 124 stations in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan. Nearly 500 of the LIRR's daily trains originate or end at Penn Station, directly across the street from the hotel. For fare information click here.
- New Jersey Transit (NJT): NJT provides rail service to Penn Station New York on five rail lines with simple connections in Newark or Secaucus Junction. Bus service to Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC is available on more than three-dozen bus routes. In addition, light rail connections in Hoboken, Newark, and Trenton give you even more options. To plan your route, click here.
- Amtrak: Amtrak is a national rail operator, which connects to Penn Station directly across the street from the hotel to Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Toronto, Chicago and more. For more information on Amtrak services at Penn Station click here.
- The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PATH): The PATH is responsible for the operation of airports, tunnels, bridges, bus terminals, port transit, and PATH rail transit in New York and New Jersey. For more information on routes click here.