It’s beginning to taste a lot like Christmas!
The holiday season may as well be renamed ‘the eating season’, because lets face it, we all gain a few extra pounds from the delicious treats that go hand-in-hand with the holidays. From piping hot drinks to the sweet spices of ginger and nutmeg, it really is the sweetest time of year.
There’s just something about having a hot cocoa while enjoying a stroll through the streets on a cold New York day. Add in a tasty treat such as a gingerbread cookie while taking in the window displays or watching skaters in front of the Rockefeller Tree and you’ll see exactly why New York is the ultimate place to be during the holiday season. After all, there’s a reason so many of your favorite holiday films are shot here.
To assist you in tasting the best holiday treats the city has to offer, we’ve put together a list of our top picks.
- Candy Cane, Eggnog, and Molasses Ice Creams – Ample Hills Creamery
- Decorated Gingerbread Cookies – Amy’s Bread
- Peppermint Bark and Hot Chocolate – Jacques Torres
- Gingerbread Cookies – Sarabeth’s Bakery
- Hot Chocolate – City Bakery
- Gingerbread Macaroons – Macaron Cafe
- Frozen Eggnog Milkshake – Sugar Plum
- Butter Almond Cookies - Boubouki
- Hot Mulled Apple Cider - Friend of a Farmer
Of course no list would be complete without roasted chestnuts. Made famous by Nat King Cole’s “The Christmas Song” they are the ultimate New York holiday snack. Not far from the hotel, you can usually find street vendors between 34th and 35th Street on Sixth Avenue, right at Herald Square.
Bon appétit and happy holidays!