The old saying, “the early bird gets the worm”, couldn’t be truer when in comes to Black Friday Shopping in the city. The start of the holiday shopping season brings the biggest sales of the year and is considered the busiest shopping day of the year in the U.S. To celebrate, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania will be offering a Cyber Monday special.
There’s no place to shop like New York City, but the numerous options can be a bit dizzying. To help make your shopping adventure a successful one, we’ve put together some tips.
1. Time it out. You will want to know what times your stores open. A timeline will help keep you on track.
2. Prioritize. Make a list of what items you want most and are the most expensive. Chances are you won’t be able to get everything on your list, so recognizing what is a priority will help when you are thrust into the shopping frenzy.
3. Map it. Know the lay of the land, or in this case, the city. Before you set out, make a plan of where you want to shop, what you want to get and how you are going to get there.
4. Dress the part. While New York might be the fashion capital of the country, shopping all day in stilettos will only slow you down and your aching feet will consume your thoughts. Dressing in comfortable clothing and appropriate shoes save you many aches and pains. Also be prepared for the weather, as you may be outside waiting in lines.
5. Be prepared. Water and a light snack are a good idea to have on hand as you may be waiting in long lines.
6. Pick you companions wisely. Shop with like-minded people and work as a team. While some people are born to shop, others could care less, and different tastes or needs can make for a disappointing shopping outcome. Know what you want, but also know what your shopping companions are looking for, that way you can better coordinate times and locations.
7. Budget appropriately. Lastly, don’t forget your money! By this we mean, make sure you have accepted credit and debit cards or cash before you hit the check out line.
8. Safety first. The most important thing is to stay safe, as large crowds can sometime become aggressive, so pay attention to your surroundings.
Be sure to check back for our Cyber Monday Special!