Why sleep when you can explore? The hustle and bustle of the city doesn’t stop just because the sun goes down; New York is the ‘city that never sleeps’. That means on any given night there are countless things to do and the options for entertainment are endless.
Who needs the sun, when you have Times Square to light up the night? Simply walking around Times Square is guaranteed to be an adventure you won’t soon forget. It’s the most famous intersection in the world with over 39 million visitors each year.
While Times Square is a must see at night, we’ve put together a list of things to do in this vibrant city that only seems to become more alive at night.
- The Empire State Building is open until 2am and Top of the Rock is open until midnight, both offering spectacular views of the city below.
- See an outdoor summer concert such as the New York Philharmonic.
- Go to an outdoor screening of a film in the park.
- Take the ferry over to Coney Island to visit Luna Park, the new theme park that features rides, roller coasters, and games.
- See the Upright Citizens Brigade for some outrageously funny comedy. Comedians such as Robin Williams, Mike Myers, Will Ferrell and Tina Fey have appeared at shows. Stars regularly drop in to test out new material such as Amy Poehler.
- Club hop in the Meat Packing District. Located between Chelsea and the West Village it’s the current hottest area for bars and clubs.
- Sing your heart out at a Karaoke bar.
- Take in a Broadway show after dinner with or without kids.
- Sip on a cocktail at a piano bar, or jazz club.
- Take a nighttime tour of the city or harbor cruise.
The excitement never ends when you are in the heart of the city. From dive bars to the return of superclubs to late night picnic spots the city has something for everyone. For more information or help planning you night be sure to visit our tour desk in the hotel lobby.