With summer in full swing it’s the perfect time to take advantage of the nice weather and go on a tour. Summertime in the city means the options are endless so take your pick of seeing the city by land, sea or air!
Here are some popular choices:
- Freedom Tour. Combining land and sea transportation, this tour focuses on the Statue of Liberty, 9/11 Memorial, Financial District, and the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Big Apple Greeters. Go with the flow and discover New York with a true New Yorker. These ‘tour guides’ are New Yorkers who volunteer their time to give visitors a new kind of visitor experience by taking them to favorite locales in particular neighborhoods.
- Liberty Helicopter Tour: See the famous Manhattan skyline and come face-to-face with Lady Liberty herself on a flight around the city. The exhilarating ride is sure to be an incredible experience and one of the fastest ways to see it all when your time is precious.
- Statue Cruises. With the re-opening of the Statue of Liberty on July 4th, it’s the perfect time to see New York’s most famous landmark up close.
- Bike and Roll. Offering a fun, safe and environmentally friendly way to see the city, cyclists can choose from a variety of bike tours. Whether you want to take a guided bike tour or take advantage of the new Citi bike program, New York has never been so bike friendly.
- Gray Line double decker bus tour. In the open air, sit back and relax while you tour the streets of New York City. Available during the day and at nighttime, the tour bus also offers special attraction –focused packages and is equipped with audio in 11 languages.
- Adirondack Sailing. See the city by sea while sailing around Manhattan. This tour is only available from April until November, and is an excellent way to turn sightseeing into a truly unique adventure.
- Immerse yourself in the city and take yourself on an unguided tour! It’s free and you can take in the sights you want to see at your own speed.
Don’t miss out on these unique ways of seeing the ‘city that never sleeps’.