With Jimmy Fallon having just taken over The Tonight Show in New York, it’s the perfect time to see your favorite shows live and possibly get your two seconds of fame as a member of the crowd in NYC! There are numerous films and TV shows shot in New York City and visitors can be a part of some of them by getting tickets and witnessing the magic up close. This means getting to witness the action live and maybe even getting to see your favorite stars.
You never know, you might even be one of the lucky audience members who is asked to participate or win a prize!
Those wishing to be an audience member while in the city can do so on shows including:
- Live with Kelly & Michael
- Late Night with Seth Myers
- The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
- Late Show with David Letterman
- The Today Show (No tickets necessary – you can stand outside the window in the background)
- Good Morning America (No tickets necessary – you can stand outside the window in the background)
- The Wendy Williams Show
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
- The View
- The Dr. Oz Show
- 106 & Park
- The Peoples Court
- The Rachael Ray Show
- Saturday Night Live (Tickets are give out once a year through a lottery or you can stand in line for spare tickets the day of live shows)
- The Colbert Report
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Inside the Actors Studio
The best part is it’s fun and free! The catch is that the wait for tickets is often long, so you have to plan pretty far in advance. Some shows do have standby options, so if you’re willing to wait in line you still have a chance. You may also want to follow your preferred show on twitter for updates on last minute tickets.
Just remember that you have to be 18 years of age or older to attend many of the shows.